10,12,14, CHURCH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1134926
Date first listed:
16-Jan-1967
Statutory Address:
10,12,14, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 10,12,14, CHURCH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134926 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-May-2019 at 10:22:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
10,12,14, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Kirklees (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Holme Valley
National Grid Reference:
SE 13823 12021

Details

SE 1312 CHURCH STREET 9/29 (Honley)

16.1.67 Nos 10, 12 and 14 GV II

Nos 10 and 12 formerly main house with No 14 as cottage (same build) to left. 1692 (datestone) with slightly later rear wing. Deeply coursed millstone grit with plinth, and continuous drip moulding over ground floor openings. Stone slate roof with chamfered gable copings on carved kneelers. Large central ashlar stack with moulded string. Two storeys. Nos 10 and 12: formerly symmetrical facade with central door with moulded surround of deep lintel with inscription H.I.E. 1692. Above is elliptical light with drip mould. To each side of doorway is former 6-light double chamfered, stone mullioned and transomed window, both altered, the one to left with doorway inserted. No 14: former 4-light window, as before, altered. Entrance to left. At first floor level are 6 former cross windows, now each as single sash. Rear: 2-storey wing to No 14 of one bay. Two, 3 and 4-light double chamfered stone mullioned windows, one to ground floor formerly transomed, now altered. Two original entrances, one with moulded surround, arched head and circular light over in false arch. Former gable to wing (now internal) has 2 small lights, one circular, with chamfered surround, at attic level.

Listing NGR: SE1382312021

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
340256
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].