DISUSED FONT SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF TOWER TO CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135027

Date first listed: 08-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: DISUSED FONT SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF TOWER TO CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH CAUSEWAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of DISUSED FONT SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF TOWER TO CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135027 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 08:07:14.

Location

Statutory Address: DISUSED FONT SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF TOWER TO CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH CAUSEWAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Thorp Arch

National Grid Reference: SE 43778 46088

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE44NW THORP ARCH CHURCH CAUSEWAY LS23 (east side)

2/113 Disused font situated approx 2 metres to north-west of tower to Church of All Saints.

GV II

Disused font. Probably 1759 (Speight, p.415). Magnesian limestone. Octagonal with hollow chamfered plinth, slender shaft and simple bowl with nosed rim. Speight (p.415) notes that in 1759 Rev. C. Atkinson partly rebuilt and restored the Church, at which time his mother presented the font. H. Speight, Lower Wharfedale, 1902.

Listing NGR: SE4377846088

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 342036

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Speight, H , Lower Wharfedale, (1902), 415

End of official listing