RAILWAY BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 940 METRES SOUTH EAST OF WALTON GATES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135035

Date first listed: 08-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: RAILWAY BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 940 METRES SOUTH EAST OF WALTON GATES, WOOD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAILWAY BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 940 METRES SOUTH EAST OF WALTON GATES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135035 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:12:07.

Location

Statutory Address: RAILWAY BRIDGE APPROXIMATELY 940 METRES SOUTH EAST OF WALTON GATES, WOOD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Thorp Arch

National Grid Reference: SE 43580 46939

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE44NW THORP ARCH WOOD LANE LS23 (east side, off)

2/131 Railway bridge approx. 940 metres south-east of Walton Gates

II

Railway bridge. 1847. For the York and North Midland Railway Company. Rock-faced gritstone, brick soffits. Treble-span, skew-arched bridge accommodating field track over disused railway cutting. Segmental arches having voussoirs aligned with courses spring from piers with impost bands. End piers, set forward, are linked by a nosed ashlar band beneath parapet with weathered ashlar copings. Unaltered and original to the Church Fenton- Spofforth line opened on 10th August 1847 and linked to Harrogate the following year. R. Unwin, Wetherby, 1986, p101.

Listing NGR: SE4358046939

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 342054

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Unwin, R, Wetherby, (1986), 101

End of official listing