This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WETHERBY WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WETHERBY WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1135064

Location

WETHERBY WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH, BANK STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Leeds

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Wetherby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 341919

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE4048 WETHERBY BANK STREET LS22 (north side)

5/2 Wetherby Wesleyan 30.4.82 Methodist Church

II

Methodist chapel. Dated 1829. Ashlar magnesian limestone, Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 x 2 bays with lower wing to rear centre having lean-to on each side. Plinth. Central margin-glazed double-door and overlight with diagonal glazing bars beneath flat arch flanked by margin-glazed sashes with projecting stone sills and flat arches. lst floor: band beneath raised plaque on guttae with inscription 'WESLEYAN CHAPEL 1829'. Sill, band to three sashes as before. Paired gutter brackets to hipped roof. Rear: main roof is gabled. Returns both have windows as front. Interior: reseated 1891 (Unwin p 110). Pine box pews; gallery on 3 sides and behind the pulpit. Built at a cost of £720 and opened on 30th October 1829. Single-storey additions to rear are not of special interest. R. Unwin, Wetherby, 1986, pp 109-110.

Listing NGR: SE4034748284

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Unwin, R, Wetherby, (1986), 109-110

National Grid Reference: SE 40347 48284

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135064 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 02:22:33.

End of official listing