WHITE CROSS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135274

Date first listed: 29-Mar-1965

Statutory Address: WHITE CROSS FARMHOUSE, WOODHOUSE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WHITE CROSS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135274 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 13:01:50.

Location

Statutory Address: WHITE CROSS FARMHOUSE, WOODHOUSE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Kirklees (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Denby Dale

National Grid Reference: SE2571412829

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 21 SE 2/70 29.3.65 WOODHOUSE LANE Clayton West

White Cross Farmhouse

G.V. II

Farmhouse. C17 or early C18 with 1763 addition and C18, C19 and recent alterations. Hammer dressed stone. Quoins. Stone slate roof. Chamfered gable copings on moulded kneelers. Two storeys. Rectangular plan with central gable to front and rear, and set back 1763 addition to left. The main front is much altered and has C19 and recent openings and an added porch. A tablet reads WW 1758. The addition to left is of 3 bays with doorway to right with rectangular fanlight and panelled door. Sash windows, those to upper floor smaller and square. Windows and door have raised surround. A tablet reads WW 1763. Right gable and part of rear rebuilt in brick. Various altered 2-light double chamfered windows to rear, three with drip mould.

W.W. refers to William Wheatley (d.1766).

H.N. Pobjoy, A History of Emley, 1970.

Listing NGR: SE2571412829

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 341342

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pobjoy, H N, A History of Emley, (1970)

End of official listing