THE PHEASANTRIES IN BRETTON PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135464

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Jun-1990

Statutory Address: THE PHEASANTRIES IN BRETTON PARK, PARK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PHEASANTRIES IN BRETTON PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135464 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 12:16:24.

Location

Statutory Address: THE PHEASANTRIES IN BRETTON PARK, PARK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wakefield (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: West Bretton

National Grid Reference: SE 29042 12914

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE21SE WEST BRETTON PARK ROAD (south side, off)

8/93 The Pheasantries in 22.11.66 Bretton Park.

GV II

House now 2 dwellings. Dated 1749. Probably by Sir William Wentworth for his own estate. Coursed squared stone with quoins. Stone slate roof. Two storeys. Symmetrical 5-bay facade, the centre 3 bays breaking forward slightly and pedimented. Well detailed and proportioned giant Tuscan Venetian window, centrally placed, with glazing bars to upper part. Entrance to left and right (the former now totally glazed) and a further blocked entrance to left. Two former 2-light windows to 1st floor and each end bay has a former 3-light window to each floor that to ground floor left now a patio door. All mullions removed. C20 casements. Sundial in tympanum of pediment, no gnomon. Hipped roof. Two ashlar stacks. Rear: later addition to right. Quoined entrance with well-inscribed lintel "WW 1749" (William Wentworth). Four 1st-floor windows formerly with centre mullions (one only surviving). Interior: not inspected. N. Pevsner. The Buildings of England. 1967

Listing NGR: SE2904212914

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 342589

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967)

End of official listing