KENNELS ON WEST SIDE OF FORECOURT TO SOUTH OF GAZEBO AT CLUMPCLIFFE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135670

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1964

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Oct-1996

Statutory Address: KENNELS ON WEST SIDE OF FORECOURT TO SOUTH OF GAZEBO AT CLUMPCLIFFE FARM, METHLEY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of KENNELS ON WEST SIDE OF FORECOURT TO SOUTH OF GAZEBO AT CLUMPCLIFFE FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135670 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 20:38:01.

Location

Statutory Address: KENNELS ON WEST SIDE OF FORECOURT TO SOUTH OF GAZEBO AT CLUMPCLIFFE FARM, METHLEY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 36976 26970

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details





ROTHWELL

SE 32 NE METHLEY LANE (South side (off)) Methley 1927- /6/94

Kennels on west side of forecourt to south of Gazebo at Clumpcliffe Farm (Formerly listed as: METHLEY LANE (South side (off)) Stables on west side of forecourt to south of Gazebo at Clumpcliffe Farm) 05/06/64

GV II

Kennels, one of a pair flanking the forecourt on the south side of the Gazebo (qv) and forming part of the contemporary composition with that building. 1708 (date on Gazebo), for the Savile family of Methley Hall, and perhaps by Theophilus Shelton (Linstrum, pp60 and 384), altered. Handmade red brick in stretcher bond, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Rusticated long-and-short quoins. Side to forecourt (now covered by later roof) has altered openings with stone architraves. Hipped roof with swept eaves over modillioned cornice, a small gabled dormer in each long side and at south end. Said to have been built to house hounds.





Listing NGR: SE3697626970

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 342082

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Linstrum, D, West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture, (1978), 60, 384

End of official listing