This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1135786



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: Cheshire East

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Cholmondeley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 56880

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



2/10 Field's Farmhouse


Farmhouse, 1648 (on dated stone fireplace) restored in 1903 for the Cholmondeley Estate. Brick nogged and plastered timber frame with machine tile roof. 2 storeys and attic, 3 bays. The north-west gable has stone plinth and heavy timbers framed into close studding with middle rail. The first floor and gable are jettied. Blocked ovolo moulded flush window ground floor. Replacement projecting mullion and transome window first floor flanked by blocked openings. Projecting mullion window in gable. The south-west gable has some original framing and a flush ovolo moulded window at ground level. There are also replacement projecting mullion and transome windows at three levels. Timber framed porch, with modern door, carries the date of restoration. The south-east gable has painted brickwork up to first floor level and replaced timber framing above. Other walls mainly painted as timbers. Originally had "T" plan and the stack to the original cross wing has diagonally set flues. Interior: Ovolo moulded beams and exposed ceiling joists. Stone fireplace with date and initials NW and EW.

Listing NGR: SJ5550150752

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ5550150752


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135786 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 12:06:01.

End of official listing