CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1135797

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1956

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135797 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 11:30:57.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Dunkerton

National Grid Reference: ST 71122 59298

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 75 NW DUNKERTON C.P. DUNKERTON VILLAGE

3/17 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS 1.2.56 G.V. II*

Anglican Parish Church. C14 and C15 tower, remainder 1859. Ashlar, rubble, freestone dressings, slate roofs. West tower, nave, chancel, south porch. Square, low tower of 3 small stages diagonal weathered buttresses, square north- east one stage stair turret, weathered pitched roof, 3-light west window under hood mould has reticulated tracery, second stage has single light, bell chamber, of ashlar where remainder is rubble, has 2 louvred lights per side, castellated parapets, corner finials. Gabled 3-bay nave has 2 and 3-light straight head Perpendicular windows under hood moulds with lozenge stops, gabled chancel has 3-light pointed east window under hood mould and 2 cusped single lights per side, south porch has a pointed doorway with fleurons. Plain interior has moulded chancel arch with fleurons and colonettes, tower arch rises with engaged columns with scallop capitals to a chamfered arch. Glass by Clayton and Bell. (Source: N. Pevsner: The Buildings of England : North Somerset and Bristol : 1958).

Listing NGR: ST7112259298

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 32683

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: North Somerset and Bristol, (1958)

End of official listing