POUND COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135873

Date first listed: 25-Mar-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 01-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: POUND COTTAGE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of POUND COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135873 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 04:32:26.

Location

Statutory Address: POUND COTTAGE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Windsor and Maidenhead (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Waltham St. Lawrence

National Grid Reference: SU 82963 76923

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WALTHAM ST LAWRENCE THE STREET SU 8276-8376 (east side)

20/4 Pound Cottage (formerly listed as 25.3.55 Bell Inn and Bell Cottages)

G.V. II

2 cottages now 1. c 1600, altered C20. Timber frame, brick infill; old tile gabled roof. Rectangular plan of 4 framed bays, Bell Cottage listed separately (20/5) adjoining on right. 2 storeys. Ridge chimney with 2 coupled shafts offset head and clay pots. Road (west) front: irregular. C20 leaded casement windows. Two 3-light and one 4-light on first floor. C20 plank entrance door left of centre and a 3-light window to left of door. A 2-light window to right of door, a half-glazed door now disused to right of this and a 3-light window on right end. North gable (facing church): one bay. Original 4-light leaded oriel window at first floor with moulded mullion and cill on centre spur bracket. Ground floor similar but with later casements and gablet over. Interior: some timber frame exposed. Queen post roof with curved windbraces.

V.C.H. Vol.III, p.179.

Listing NGR: SU8296376923

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 40986

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906), 179

End of official listing