CHURCH OF ST THOMAS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135939

Date first listed: 23-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST THOMAS, LONDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST THOMAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135939 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 22:56:10.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST THOMAS, LONDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Warrington (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Stockton Heath

National Grid Reference: SJ 61346 86317

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 68 NW STOCKTON HEATH C.P. LONDON ROAD (West side) 3/31 Church of St.Thomas

II

Church, 1868, by E.G.Paley, Pinkish-red sandstone with roofs of graded Westmorland green slates. 4-stage battlemented west tower with octagonal south-east turret; 4 bay nave with south aisle under parallel ridged roof; south porch; north transept; north vestry/sacristy and organ loft; 2 bay chancel. Geometrical tracery; the west window, south aisle (three eastern bays), east and south windows of the chancel and north window of transept have stained glass.

Interior: Arcade of round columns with stiff-leaf capitals; arch-braced roof. Richly-coloured patterned tilework on north and south walls of chancel in memory of William Hayes, Vicar 1852-75. Reredos of marble and embossed patterned tiles.

The church is successor to one built in 1838.

Listing NGR: SJ6134686317

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58968

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing