CROSS AND STEPPED BASE EAST OF PATH TO SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135991

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: CROSS AND STEPPED BASE EAST OF PATH TO SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CROSS AND STEPPED BASE EAST OF PATH TO SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135991 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 01:10:24.

Location

Statutory Address: CROSS AND STEPPED BASE EAST OF PATH TO SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Aldford

National Grid Reference: SJ4189859429

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 45 NW 6/15

ALDFORD C.P. CHURCH LANE (North side) Cross and Stepped Base East of Path to South Porch of Church of St John the Baptist

II

GV

Base of 4 steps, probably medieval, and cross, 1901. Red sandstone. The base carries a restored plinth on which the cross stands. The shaft of the cross bears two brass plaques, one inscribed with the Apostles Creed, the other "To the honour and glory of God and in pious memory of Hugh Lupus, Duke of Westminster. This ancient cross is restored by some who loved him, 1901". The head of the cross bears a carving of Christ crucified.

Listing NGR: SJ 41898 59429

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55210

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing