GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS, APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136002

Date first listed: 02-May-1989

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS, APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS, APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136002 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 06:26:08.

Location

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS, APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES NORTH EAST OF NORTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Windsor and Maidenhead (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Bray

National Grid Reference: SU9019679712

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 9079 22/4

BRAY CHURCH LANE (north side, off) Group of 4 chest tombs, approximately 6 metres north-east of north chapel of Church of St Michael

G.V. II

Group of 4 chest tomb, late C18 and early C19. Stone. The southernmost tomb, nearest the church, is a memorial to the Pile family 1787-1857; plain base, moulded plinth and moulded inset balusters at corners, flanking inscription panels in incised oval mouldings; moulded cornice and flat top. The second tomb is a memorial to the Millard family 1766-1808; plain base, moulded plinth and incised corner pilasters flanking inscription panels in incised oval mouldings; moulded cornice and flat top. The third tomb is a memorial to the Newell family and is similar to the second, but formerly had a railed base; the inscriptions are covered with ivy. The fourth tomb is a memorial to the Clark family,1771-1825; enclosure plinth with curved top, railings removed, moulded plinth, incised inscription panels on all 4 sides; raised frieze corner moulding with bead and reel enrichment, open pedimented top.

Listing NGR: SU9019679712

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 41023

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing