HAMSTEAD BRIDGE AND HAMSTEAD LOCK AT SU 424671

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136141

Date first listed: 06-Dec-1990

Statutory Address: HAMSTEAD BRIDGE AND HAMSTEAD LOCK AT SU 424671

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAMSTEAD BRIDGE AND HAMSTEAD LOCK AT SU 424671
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136141 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 19:09:20.

Location

Statutory Address: HAMSTEAD BRIDGE AND HAMSTEAD LOCK AT SU 424671

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: West Berkshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Hampstead Marshall

National Grid Reference: SU 42358 67045

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following structure shall be added to the list:

SU 46 NW HAMSTEAD MARSHALL KENNET & AVON CANAL 15/23 Hamstead Bridge and GV Hamstead Lock at SU 424671 II

Road bridge and integral lock. Late C18, C20 alterations. Brick bridge with single elliptical arch, band, solid parapet and piers, with brick and stone coping. Integral brick lock walls to W. Lock has brick chamber with cement rendered coping. 2 sets of double wooden gates; top gates with mechanical ground paddle gearing, bottom gates with hydraulic gate paddle gearing. The Kennet & Avon Canal was constructed between 1794-1810. John Rennie was principal engineer.

Listing NGR: SU4235867045

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 39804

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing