HEARSE HOUSE IN THE GROUNDS OF ST CHAD'S CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136255

Date first listed: 28-Aug-1985

Statutory Address: HEARSE HOUSE IN THE GROUNDS OF ST CHAD'S CHAPEL, CHESTER ROAD A41

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEARSE HOUSE IN THE GROUNDS OF ST CHAD'S CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136255 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 22:14:56.

Location

Statutory Address: HEARSE HOUSE IN THE GROUNDS OF ST CHAD'S CHAPEL, CHESTER ROAD A41

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tushingham cum Grindley

National Grid Reference: SJ 52734 46291

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TUSHINGHAM CUM GRINDLEY C.P. CHESTER ROAD A41 SJ 54 NW (East of) 3/81 Hearse-house in graveyard of St Chad's Chapel. GV II

Hearse-house, 1822 (Museum Service descriptive board), of English garden wall bond brown brickwork with pyramidal grey slate roof. Double boarded doors in west front; boarded pedestrian door on south side under red sandstone lintel with cambered soffite and recessed panel inscribed Robert Roe and Charles Green Church Wardens 1834. The house contains a horse-drawn hearse and is maintained by the County Council Museums Service.

Listing NGR: SJ5273446292

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55624

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing