STATUE OF THE NORMAN BISHOP ODO NORTH-WEST OF DRAGON FOUNTAIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1136337
Date first listed:
02-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
STATUE OF THE NORMAN BISHOP ODO NORTH-WEST OF DRAGON FOUNTAIN, SOUTHERN GARDEN TO EATON HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STATUE OF THE NORMAN BISHOP ODO NORTH-WEST OF DRAGON FOUNTAIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136337 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2019 at 06:21:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
STATUE OF THE NORMAN BISHOP ODO NORTH-WEST OF DRAGON FOUNTAIN, SOUTHERN GARDEN TO EATON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Eaton
National Grid Reference:
SJ4138960621

Details

SJ 4160 9/94

EATON C.P. SOUTHERN GARDEN TO EATON HALL

Statue of The Norman Bishop Odo north-west of Dragon Fountain

II

GV

Statue, approximately life size, probably circa 1810, from Eaton Hall as rebuilt by William Porden. Stone. Reused on a pedestal as a feature at the north-west corner of the south garden attributed to Edwin Lutyens. Removed from his pedestal and with crozier broken, Odo has been repositioned near to the pool. Forms one of a pair with Joan of Eaton (q.v.). Country Life April 20th 1901 (photograph).

Listing NGR: SJ 41389 60621

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
55290
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 20 April, (1901)
Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 6 Cheshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/00343/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael J Tuck. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].