HARPTREE COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136425

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1960

Statutory Address: HARPTREE COURT, WHITECROSS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HARPTREE COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136425 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 09:22:39.

Location

Statutory Address: HARPTREE COURT, WHITECROSS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: East Harptree

National Grid Reference: ST 56858 55936

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 55 NE EAST HARPTREE WHITECROSS ROAD (north side)

5/41 Harptree Court 21.9.60 G.V. II

House. Circa 1800 with c.1820 additions. Possibly by Charles Harcourt Masters of Bath. Ashlar with slate roofs. Classical style with neo-Classical porches. Entrance front of 2 storeys, 13 bays: 5 bay slightly advanced central pedimented block, lower flanking wings with advanced pedimented end bays. Centre block has round-headed openings to ground floor, straight headed above. At time of resurvey (May 1985) these were being refenestrated with 6 pane sashes. Flanking wings have C19 casements, end bays have Venetian windows to ground floor (that to east blocked) and tripartite openings above, all with C19 casements. Greek Doric tetrastyle porch with ironwork balcony above. Venetian doorway with 8 raised and fielded panel door and reveals, patterned fanlight. Moulded cornice, plain parapet, ashlar stacks with terracotta pots. 2 storey and 1 storey service additions to left hand. Garden front of similar design but with 2 semi-circular bows to centre block with distyle Ionic porch between and balcony above. End bays have tripartite windows to ground floor with consoles to entablature and vase and swag friezes. Interior. Entrance Hall with 3 bay coupled Tuscan column arcade, oval domed stairwell. Several fine chimney pieces. Grounds laid out by C.H. Masters c.1800. (R. Cooke, West Country Houses, 1957).

Listing NGR: ST5685855936

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 32781

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cooke, R, West Country Houses, (1957)

End of official listing