This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BOROUGH STONE 5 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST AND METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BOROUGH STONE 5 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST AND METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1136455

Location

BOROUGH STONE 5 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST AND METHODIST CHURCH, HAYE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Callington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 61238

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 36 NE CALLINGTON HAYE ROAD, Callington

8/37 Borough Stone 5m to south east of west and Methodist Church

II

Borough stone, to mark the western boundary of the borough of Callington. Circa C18. Granite post, rectangular in section with a rounded head. Freestanding. Inscribed in upper case serif lettering 'BOUNDS OF BOROUGH' The lower line of lettering has been partly obscured by the raised surface of the pavement. Above are 2 horizontal parallel lines. Callington was created a parliamentary borough in 1584 but lost borough status in 1832. QV borough stones Launceston Road, St Germans Road and Tavistock Road, Callington. Shelia Lightbody The Book of Callington 1982

Listing NGR: 1136455

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Lightbody, S, The Book of Callington, (1982)

National Grid Reference: SX3574669637

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136455 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 03:14:37.

End of official listing