CLEEVE COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136522

Date first listed: 20-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: CLEEVE COURT

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLEEVE COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136522 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 10:16:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CLEEVE COURT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cleeve

National Grid Reference: ST 46078 65691

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLEEVE C.P. CLEEVE VILLAGE ST 47 NE 6/18 Cleeve Court - II

House. Early C19. Rubble, partly coursed, limestone dressings, slate roof with raised coped verges, ridge and side stacks with polygonal chimneys. Gothic style. 3 storeys and 6 windows, ground floor has two 8-light chamfered mullion and transom windows with relieving arch, similar single light, mullion and transom window with cusped heads and square stopped hood mould, 2nd bay from right has porch (said to have been removed from Court de Wyck, Yatton C.P.) with depressed 4-centred arch, shields in spandrels and hood mould, half-glazed double doors with Perpendicular tracery, embattled parapet and hipped roof; single storey block to left with 2-light casement, cornice and embattled parapet; first floor has 3 mullion and transom windows, with pointed arched heads and relieving arch, three 2-light windows to right all with varied cusped tracery and hood moulds; 3 gabled dormers, all with pointed arched lights, trefoils in gables, 2-light pointed arched window under eaves; weathered buttress to left with crest on first off-set. Right return has 2 gable ends, 3-storey to left and 2 1/2 storey to right, connected by 2-storey 2-bay range set back; to left, canted bay, first floor has 3-light window with chamfered mullions, 2nd floor has 3-light pointed arched mullion and transom window, trefoil above; to right, canted bay with embattled parapet and margin glazing, upper lights with 4-centred arched glazing, 3-light window above with similar glazing and blind 2-light pointed arched opening in gable end; central bays have cross window and French window, two 2-light casements at first floor, all with similar margin glazing and splayed stone heads. Left return has varied windows, some casements, small single - storey wing with two 16-pane sashes and one 2-light casement. Rear has taller block to left, single light and half-glazed door with ogee heads to panes, overlight and relieving arch, first floor 2-light window with similar glazing; lower 2-storey block to left has 10-light mullion and transom window with leaded lights and relieving arch, two 3-light casements at first floor with pointed arches to top panes. Interior: not inspected. Built for Rev.T S Biddulph. (Sources: Cooke R: West Country Houses 1957)



Listing NGR: ST4607865691

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 33683

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cooke, R, West Country Houses, (1957)

End of official listing