This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST PETER INCLUDING WALL AND RAILINGS TO SOUTH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER INCLUDING WALL AND RAILINGS TO SOUTH

List entry Number: 1136546

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER INCLUDING WALL AND RAILINGS TO SOUTH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Dobwalls and Trewidland

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 61261

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 26 NW LISKEARD RURAL DOBWALLS

5/60 Church of St Peter including wall and railings to south

II

Chapel of Ease. 1839. Rendered rubblestone, slate hung on north side. Granite dressings. Slate roof with gable ends. Rectangular plan, without aisles, nave and chancel in one. Porch added on west end. Gothic style. South side parallel to road. Three 3-light, trefoil head windows with moulded timber mullions. Granite hoods and labels. Stepped buttresses between and on corners. Parapet coping on gable ends with small granite bell turret on west end with pyramid cap and weather vain and simple octagonal pinnacle on east end. Porch to left on west and with entrance placed asymmetrically in gable end on south. Large granite 2- centred arch with hollow chamfers. Rectangular hood with labels and incised triangles in spandrels. Double plank doors. 2-light window with cusped heads and granite lintel placed above arch, asymmetrical in gable. Plain barge boards. North side with three 3-light trefoil headed windows, mullions unmoulded. Granite lintels. Porch C20 3-light window without glazing bars beneath granite lintel. Small west window, of 3-lights with cusped heads. East window of 3-lights with cusped head. Interior: Vestry to rear of porch divided by timber C19 gothic panelling. C19 west door with gothic panelling. Simple pitch pine benches. Altar table and reredos with gothic panelling. Original glass. Messrs Maw and Co tiles. To south of church, rubblestone retaining wall with mid.C19 wrought iron railings. Above the top rail the stanchions and uprights are decorated with lanterns and spearheads. Kelly's Directory 1901

Listing NGR: SX2392162598

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory, (1901)

National Grid Reference: SX 21409 65040

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136546 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 02:56:27.

End of official listing