SALTERSFORD HALL AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136830

Date first listed: 14-Apr-1967

Statutory Address: SALTERSFORD HALL AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

Map

Ordnance survey map of SALTERSFORD HALL AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136830 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 11:45:58.

Location

Statutory Address: SALTERSFORD HALL AND ATTACHED FARM BUILDINGS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Rainow

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SJ 98390 76267

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 97 NE 3/149

RAINOW C.P. SALTERSFORD Saltersford Hall and attached farmbuildings

25/7/52

14/4/1967

II Farmhouse and attached farmbuildings: dated 1593 but larger part appears to be late Cl7 with C19 alterations. Partly rendered coursed squared buff sandstone rubble and blocks. Kerridge stone-slate roof, stone ridge and 2 stone and 1 brick chimneys.

Farmhouse is L-shaped and has a 2-storey, 3-bay west front with left 2 bays under gable. Left end bay has 9-pane fixed window. Central doorway has low segmentally arched head with a moulded triangular pediment above containing initials HF. To right is date stone and a door with a 2-light casement above. Remaining windows are C19 or C20. Interior: Some exposed beams visible but not fully inspected.

Farmbuildings form a south range with shippon and hay loft attached to house and a corn barn and further shippon to the west. Openings have long and short quoining and a mixture of stone and wooden lintels. Interior: Some original tie beam and collar trusses visible.

An unusual survival of a Renaissance classical detail on a vernacular building in this area. The original house of 1593 was built by the Stopford family of Bate Hall, Macclesfield.

Listing NGR: SJ9839076267

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58060

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing