GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136895

Date first listed: 17-Sep-1952

Statutory Address: GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136895 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 12:43:30.

Location

Statutory Address: GREAT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Little Sodbury

National Grid Reference: ST 74633 83246

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 78 SW LITTLE SODBURY

7/104 Great House Farmhouse 17.9.52 G.V. II

Farmhouse. Late C17, remodelled C19 and early C20. Rendered; double Roman tiled roof; C19 brick stacks. H-plan. 2 storeys, cellars and attics in steep gables. 1:2:1 bays : 2- and 3-light cross and casement windows with ovolo moulded mullions and surrounds (mostly restored or C19) and under dripmoulds; glazing bar sash windows to outer wings; C20 circular window in central gable. C20 projecting porch with Tuscan columns and pediment. The west elevation has a projecting porch with a segmental headed doorway. Interior: open well staircase with turned balusters; raised and fielded panelling and bolection moulded fire surround to parlour (south east); plaster cornice with a floral design to dairy, and C17 panelling to north window embrasure; some extended collar beam trusses. (Hall, L. Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire, 1983).

Listing NGR: ST7463383246

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34727

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing