EAST END FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136927

Date first listed: 13-Oct-1952

Statutory Address: EAST END FARMHOUSE, TRENDLEWOOD WAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of EAST END FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136927 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 12:47:14.

Location

Statutory Address: EAST END FARMHOUSE, TRENDLEWOOD WAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Nailsea

National Grid Reference: ST 48199 69961

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NAILSEA C.P. TRENDLEWOOD WAY (east side) ST 46 NE 6/81 East End Farmhouse 13.10.52 - II

Farmhouse, now house. Dated TIE/1665, with later alterations and additions. Rubble, rendered, pantiled roof with raised coped verges and ridge and gable stacks with paired diagonal chimneys. Irregular plan with front and rear wing to right, forming T-plan. 2 storeys and 2 windows, ground floor has 4-light casement with ovolo mullions to left and 2-light to right, two 3-light casements with ovolo mullions at first floor, central gabled porch with benches to sides and moulded frame to plain door; 2-storey wing to right has fine studded door to left with raised moulded fillets, ovolo-moulded and stopped frame, 2 hood moulds remaining above, 2-light casement with ovolo mullion under eaves. Attached to right, former stable has 2 doors with strap hinges, originally single storey, former roof line visible at gable end, 2 C20 windows at first floor, slightly lower roof line, front not rendered with C20 external stair and upper door. Right return has 2 first floor C20 windows in former stable, in wing a 3-light casement with ovolo mullions at first floor and 2-light casement under eaves; gable end of main range has C20 window at ground, first and attic level; lower 2-storey rear wing has 2 C20 windows at ground and first floor, single storey lean-to attached to rear right. Left return has slight batter to wall and small 2-light casement at attic level. Rear of main range has C20 French window, 1/2-glazed door (probably rear of through passage) and 4-light casement with replaced ovolo mullions; first floor has 2 C20 3-light casements; inner side of rear wing has 3-light casement at ground floor and two 2-light casements at first floor, lean-to to left with open front. Interior: 2 inglenook fireplaces, 2 original winder stairs and through passage plan. Planked and moulded doors retain latches and several patterns of strap hinges; ground floor left room has fine central decorative ceiling plasterwork, room above has larger similar plasterwork, dated 1671, and decorative plaster frieze.

Listing NGR: ST4819969961

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 33744

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing