GREEN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136963

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: GREEN FARMHOUSE, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREEN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136963 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 02:27:17.

Location

Statutory Address: GREEN FARMHOUSE, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Olveston

National Grid Reference: ST 60076 86823

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 68 NW OLVESTON THE GREEN (south side) Olveston

8/186 Green Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse, now house. C15 origin with later alterations and additions. Rubble, pantiled roof with brick gable stacks. L-plan, former open hall house. 2 storeys and 3 windows, all 2 and 3-light casements with leaded lights except 1st floor 2nd from left, unglazed window with wooden mullions, square set and chamfered with step stops and timber lintel, ground floor windows have timber lintels, 3rd bay from left has C20 gabled porch, slits to each side and plank door in wooden frame, timbers in wall above 2nd window from left and to right at ground floor, single storey wing to left has 4-light casement with timber lintel; west elevation has 2-light casement with timber lintel at 1st floor left, all other windows C20, 2 storey wing to right. Rear has central dormer extension, 3-light casement at ground and 1st floor right, door and 2 C20 windows, east side of rear wing has door with timber lintel, 4-light casement at ground floor and 3-light at 1st floor. Interior: chamfered and stopped beams and fireplace lintel, blocked fireplace in west room has large stone lintel, door to former hall from kitchen has cut back frame on one side for passage of barrels; roof smoke-blackened at west end, 5 collar-beam trusses, 2 and 4 having cambered collars, central truss has arch-braced collar, 2 pairs of butt purlins, in 2 central bays 2 tiers of windbraces, diagonal ridge. Rear kitchen wing probably added late C17/early C18. (Sources: Hall, Linda : Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire, 1400-1720. 1983).

Listing NGR: ST6007686823

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 35295

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing