This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

APPLEDORE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: APPLEDORE

List entry Number: 1136971

Location

APPLEDORE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Ive

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 61339

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 36 NW ST IVE

7/140 Appledore

II

Barton now private farmhouse. Possibly early to mid C18, raised in late C18. Rubblestone with rendered ground floor above base. Slate hung first and second floor. Scantle slate roof with brick stacks in gable ends. Probably 2 rooms with central cross passage extended to rear and with later outshuts. Central bay set slightly forward. Symmetrical 3 window front. All sashes with crown glass and no horns. Ground floor with 2 double 12-pane sashes flanking central projecting bay with 6-panelled door with top lights glazed. First floor with 2 similar sashes flanking C20 window in original opening. Top storey with 3 double 3 over 6-pane sashes. Rear with single storey and 2-storey C19 outshuts. In right-hand gable end of outshut reset cut stone arch. Interior not inspected. Barton formerly called Appledorford. J Polsue. Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall 1867-73 rp 1974

Listing NGR: SX3136668501

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)

National Grid Reference: SX 32368 68558

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136971 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 03:47:50.

End of official listing