This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COOMBE METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COOMBE METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1137015

Location

COOMBE METHODIST CHURCH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Stephen-in-Brannel

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 71476

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST STEPHEN IN ST STEPHEN'S COOMBE SW 95 SW BRANNEL 3/140 Coombe Methodist Church - GV II

Methodist church. Dated 1859; enlarged 1890. Granite rubble with stone dressings. Slate roof with ridge tiles and gable ends. Plan: Single auditorium plan, with entrance at the front gable end and ritual east at the rear. Exterior: The front gable end is symmetrical, with central round-arched doorway with C20 plank double doors and margin-glazed fanlight; the doorway is approached by a flight of 6 granite steps with plain cast iron railings to each side and cast iron footscrapers. Tall round-arched window to right and left with 4-panes each light and margin glazing. Upper central circular recessed datestone with inscription in upper case lettering: WMC 1859 ENLARGED 1890. The right and left sides have three C19 12- pane sashes with cambered brick arches. Interior: Not fully accessible at time of survey (October 1987). There is a gallery at the front gable end, with panelled front with stencilled painted Gothic decorations, supported on shaped brackets. Organ at the rear gable end. The church may retain other features such as benches and rostrum.

Listing NGR: SW9497451319

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW9497451319

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137015 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 01:07:29.

End of official listing