GROUP OF 3 MONUMENTS TO THE LARK AND BALL FAMILIES IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1137091
Date first listed:
20-Dec-1988
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 3 MONUMENTS TO THE LARK AND BALL FAMILIES IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 3 MONUMENTS TO THE LARK AND BALL FAMILIES IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137091 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 21:05:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 3 MONUMENTS TO THE LARK AND BALL FAMILIES IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Stephen-in-Brannel
National Grid Reference:
SW9446953309

Details

SW 95 SW ST STEPHEN IN ST STEPHEN BRANNEL 3/157 Group of 3 monuments to the Lark - and Ball families in the churchyard about 10 metres south west of tower of Church of St Stephen

GV II

Group of one chest tomb and two pedastal tombs. Early C19. Granite with slate inscription tablets. To Grace Lark, 1816; a rectangular chest tomb on plinth, the lid with a swept shaped top and roll finial. Two rebated rectangular inscription tablets to east with incised borders and carved wings, good lettering and verses. To Thomasin Ball, 1813; a pedastal tomb of square plan on plinth, swept top with plain edge and finial. Rebated slate inscription tablet to east.

Listing NGR: SW9446953309

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
71493
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/16525/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Midgley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].