This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

METHODIST CHAPEL AND SUNDAY SCHOOL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: METHODIST CHAPEL AND SUNDAY SCHOOL

List entry Number: 1137132

Location

METHODIST CHAPEL AND SUNDAY SCHOOL, ENGLESEA BROOK LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cheshire East

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Weston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Jun-1979

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 57128

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WESTON C.P. ENGLESEA BROOK LANE SJ 75 SE 3/50 Methodist Chapel and Sunday School 29.6.79

GV II

Chapel and Sunday School. The chapel is dated on stone which reads PRIMITIVE/METHODIST/CHAPEL/1828. The school is dated on stone which reads HUGH BOURNE/MEMORIAL SCHOOL/1914. Red Flemish bond brick with ashlar dressings. Hall plan with gallery to rear. Entrance front: two bays symmetrically disposed. Central ground floor doorway having a 6-panel C20 door with a moulded surround and fanlight over. To either side are windows of 4 x 4 sash panes with ashlar sills and wedge lintels. Two similar windows to the gallery. Datestone above to centre of gable. The chapel stands on a bank above the road and is approached by a flight of stone steps. The retaining wall of what is, in effect, a plinth is surmounted by cast iron railings each of the vertical railings having a spearhead finial with a vase finial to the left hand gate post and crescent dog bars to the gates. To the right of the meeting house is the single-storey Sunday school which has a gabled porch at far right with cambered doorway and two cambered headed windows of 2 x 3 panes.

Listing NGR: SJ7520651464

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 75206 51464

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137132 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 10:10:53.

End of official listing