This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TREVARDER FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TREVARDER FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1137237

Location

TREVARDER FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Lanteglos

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 07-Apr-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 60567

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 15 SE LANTEGLOS-BY-FOWEY

9/68 Trevarder Farmhouse

7/4/82 - II

Farmhouse, now farmhouse and cottage. Circa early C18. Rubble stone with granite lintels to ground floor openings on east. Slate roof with gabled end on right and hipped on left with gabled wings to rear. Large projecting stack on rear south-west wing. L-shaped plan with further wing added on rear on north-west to form U-shape. 2 storeys. East front asymmetrical 2 window front with granite lintel to blocked opening on left. 20-pane sash without horns, partly glazed door to right of centre and 16-pane sash in partly blocked opening with brick dressings on right. Above two 2-light casement on right and C20 2-light casement with top hung casements above on left. Render between ground and first floor openings. South front with single storey store on left-hand side. Door in partly rendered single storey lean-to porch. Recorded on site of Tucking Mill in 1309. Barton site. Source: J Polsue Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall Vol.III, 1867-73 rp 1974; C Henderson "Tucking Mills, Sites of Ancient Industry in the Duchy", Western Morning News and Mercury, April 26, 1928

Listing NGR: SX1657251911

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)
'Western Morning News and Mercury' in 26 April, (1928)

National Grid Reference: SX1657251911

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137237 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 12:47:40.

End of official listing