TREWORGIE BARTON

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1137256

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1984

Statutory Address: TREWORGIE BARTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREWORGIE BARTON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137256 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 16:51:50.

Location

Statutory Address: TREWORGIE BARTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Gennys

National Grid Reference: SX 17800 96844

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST GENNYS SX 19 NE 5/34 Treworgie Barton

II

Farmhouse. Late C16/C17 with circa C19 and C20 additions at rear. Rendered cob and whitewashed slatestone rubble. Range originally 1 room deep with stacks at gable ends and massive projecting lateral stack, now enclosed by later addition south front 2 storey. 4 window range with off-centre porch. Ground floor casements left and centre renewed with glazing bars, that to the left has granite lintel with date 1586 and initials B.M. for Benet Mill (q.v. tomb chest in Churchyard) reset datestone to left of window with date 1648 and initials W.B. for William Braddon (q.v. monument in Church). Ground floor window right sash with glazing bars. Upper storey windows 4 similar sashes. Rear outshut under catslide roof heightened into 2 flat-roofed dormers at rear west and east. Further outshut addition at west gable end. East gable end stack has flat-arched chamfered granite fireplace, probably reset. Lateral stack, now internal, with graniteset-offs and projecting oven, fireplace blocked. Domesday manor, ruins of earlier burnt manor house said to be in field to south of house. Duchy archive records a 'fair hall open to the roof and wainscoted half way with a parlour and one kitchen' in 1650. R Parnall, Wreckers and Wrestlers. A History of St Gennys Parish (1973)

Listing NGR: SX1780096844

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 67221

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Parnall, R , Wreckers and Wrestlers A History of St Gennys Parish, (1973)

End of official listing