WRIGHT TOMBSTONE, CIRCA 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1137287
Date first listed:
28-Jul-1988
Statutory Address:
WRIGHT TOMBSTONE, CIRCA 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT, STOKESLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WRIGHT TOMBSTONE, CIRCA 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137287 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 20:25:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
WRIGHT TOMBSTONE, CIRCA 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT, STOKESLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Middlesbrough (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 51474 15861

Details

MIDDLESBROUGH STOKESLEY ROAD, NZ 51 NW (5115) (west side), Marton 4/82 Wright tombstone, c.4m south of south porch of Church of St. Cuthbert. G.V. II Tombstone, 1750, to 2 members of Wright family, died c.1750. Sandstone slab, 64cm x 76cm, with wavy head carved with angel, flanked by prayer book, hourglass and scrolls. Epitaph in good lettering worn and partly illegible at base, viz: "Here lieth the body of Christopher Wright who departed this life February ye 15th 1750 aged 47 Yrs. Likewise in memory of George Wright .......".

Listing NGR: NZ5147415861

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
59794
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/05752/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alan Bradley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].