CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1137320

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1957

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, B6259

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137320 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 08:52:22.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, B6259

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Eden (District Authority)

Parish: Mallerstang

National Grid Reference: NY 78192 01437

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NY 70 SE MALLERSTANG B6259, OUTHGILL (west side)

14/73 Church of St Mary 12.9.57

II

Chapel of Ease, founded C14; extensively rebuilt 1663 for Lady Anne Clifford (renewed inscription over porch door). Restored 1768, 1879 and 1909. Coursed, squared rubble on plinth; buttresses to north and west walls. Graduated slate roof with stone copings and kneelers; chimney and belfry to west end. Single cell with south porch. C17 south door has semicircular head and continuous cavetto moulding. Small 2-light mullioned window to left of porch, 3 semicircular-headed C18 windows to right. Two 3-light C17 windows to north wall; east window 1926 insertion. Interior has panel with Royal coat-of-arms dated 1663 in chancel. Panelled polygonal pulpit, with adjustable reading stand, 1798. Small octagonal font with moulded base and top, 1663. Bread cupboard next to south door for MIDDLETON'S CHARITY, 1784.

Listing NGR: NY7819201437

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 73358

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing