HAZELLS HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1137713
Date first listed:
29-May-1979
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Dec-1979
Statutory Address:
HAZELLS HALL, EVERTON ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137713.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Aug-2020 at 12:19:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
HAZELLS HALL, EVERTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Central Bedfordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Sandy
National Grid Reference:
TL 18920 49999

Details

1. 5124 SANDY EVERTON ROAD Hazells Hall TL 15 SE 1/1 TL 14 NE 2/1 29.5.79

II*

2. Country house, with main east and south facades of 1720s, rebuilt and refaced in 1790s, of red brick dressed with stone. Roofs are of slate, masked by parapets that are balustraded at intervals corresponding to the fenestration below. Entrance (east) facade of 7 windows is broken by a slightly projecting bay containing central 3 windows; on ground level stands a simple wooden tetrastyle portico in a Tuscan order. There is a C19 one storey extension to right-hand side, which forms a billiard room. Garden (south) facade, has 2 slight recesses on either side of the central bay of 3 windows, which is pedimented to frame a coat of arms in stone; the 11 windows of this facade being disposed symmetrically as follows 2:2:3:2:2. The windows, equally tall in each storey, hang in broad wooden frames behind very slight reveals. An Adam type fanlight is set above the simple front door, which is probably a later insertion, possibly contemporary with the portico which is post 1814. Rear 3 storey west wing belongs to the 1790's, with a fine north side 2 storey coach house, with central carriage arch surmounted by clock tower, of circa 1800.

Listing NGR: TL1891750070

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
37514
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].