GARDEN WALL SURROUNDING RECTORY INCLUDING FRONT GATEWAY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1137868
Date first listed:
03-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
GARDEN WALL SURROUNDING RECTORY INCLUDING FRONT GATEWAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARDEN WALL SURROUNDING RECTORY INCLUDING FRONT GATEWAY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137868 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 15:33:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
GARDEN WALL SURROUNDING RECTORY INCLUDING FRONT GATEWAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
Allerdale (District Authority)
Parish:
Caldbeck
National Park:
LAKE DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
NY3249439787

Details

NY 33 NW CALDBECK Caldbeck

13/48 Garden wall surrounding Rectory including front gateway

G.V. II

Partly churchyard wall, now garden wall for Rectory. Probably C18 with 1848 repairs by Henry Laing of Sebergham. High wall of mixed sandstone and limestone rubble on larger plinth stones, enclosing garden at front and side and lower wall enclosing small garden to rear. Front gateway has rusticated piers under pyramidal caps. Side entrance has reused door lintel from Rectory, of bolection shouldered frieze under scrolled pediment enclosing weathered coat-of-arms of Jeffrey Wybergh, rector, formerly with motto and date 1718. Path was made between churchyard and rectory in the C19 so churchyard wall became side wall of rectory. Listed partly for G.V. with Rectory.

Listing NGR: NY3249439787

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
72356
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08619/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Eric C. Apperley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].