BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138055

Date first listed: 12-May-1988

Statutory Address: BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL, FORE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138055 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 22:49:23.

Location

Statutory Address: BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL, FORE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Columb Major

National Grid Reference: SW 91225 63475

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST COLUMB MAJOR FORE STREET (west side), SW 9063-9163 St Columb Major 17/220 Bible Christian Chapel GV II

Bible Christian chapel, now office and workshop. Dated 1842, with later alterations. Stone rubble; rendered front. Hipped bitumenised slate roof. Plan: Originally a single auditorium plan, with entrance at the west front and ritual east to rear. Exterior: The front is of 2 storeys; symmetrical. Ground floor has pointed arched doorway with C20 panelled door and hood mould with terracotta stops. Granite datestone to right with inscription in sanserif upper case; BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL 1842. At upper level is a pair of blind lancets with hood mould; the apex of the hood mould rises above the parapet. The rear has double doors to left. Two windows at first floor, formerly with 12-pane lights, with cambered stone arches and keystones. Interior: No features remain from the original chapel, all furniture removed.

Listing NGR: SW9122063477

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 71224

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing