BYRES TO NORTH OF SCHOOSE FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1138196
Date first listed:
13-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
BYRES TO NORTH OF SCHOOSE FARM HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BYRES TO NORTH OF SCHOOSE FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138196 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 20:46:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
BYRES TO NORTH OF SCHOOSE FARM HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
Allerdale (District Authority)
Parish:
Workington
National Grid Reference:
NY 01460 28044

Details

WORKINGTON

566/6/72 SCHOOSE 13-DEC-85 Byres to north of Schoose Farm House

GV II*

Byres and hayloft, formerly stable. Early C19 for John Christian Curwen. Calciferous sandstone rubble with pilastered quoins, under hipped graduated greenslate roof. 2 storeys, 8 bays. Plank doors and casement windows under loft doorways and brick-blocked windows; doorways with quoined surrounds and windows in plain stone surrounds. Forms part of a model farm and included for G.V. with other farm buildings. Sources: Plan of Schoose Farm from a survey by L Cash, 1807 (Helen Thompson Museum Workington). Wade-Martins, S. 2002 The English Model Farm: Building the agricultural Ideal, 1700-1914. English Heritage

Listing NGR: NY0146028044

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
72297
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 9 Cumbria,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Nov 2002
Reference: IOE01/09402/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gordon Furness. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].