This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1138206



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: Central Bedfordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Tempsford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 38464

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TEMPSFORD CHURCH STREET TL 1652 - 1653 (Church End) 10/95 & 9/95 No. 15 (Gannocks) 31.10.66 GV II House, thought to have been an inn. C16 with later reworkings. RH wing has substantial timber framing exposed with colourwashed brick infilling. Elsewhere building is encased in colourwashed brick. Clay tile roofs. 2- storeyed T-plan structure with 2 storey and attics gable projecting from LH giving appearance of H-plan. Central block has 4-light casement and 6-panel door to ground floor, and 2-light casement to first floor. RH gable is jettied at first floor level and has ogival bracing. 4-light casement to ground floor, 3-light casement to first floor. LH gable has brick band at first floor level and timber framing exposed at attic level (less substantial than that of RH gable). Ground floor has canted bay containing sashes with glazing bars. First floor has 3-light casement, attic has 2-light casement. All casements have leaded lights 2 red brick multiple ridge stacks, both at junctions with cross-wings. C20 addition to LH, of timber frame and red brick infill, incorporates C16 moulded timbers from Tempsford Chantry House (demolished 1939).

Listing NGR: TL1621652990

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 16216 52990


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138206 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 08:55:48.

End of official listing