This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TWO MONUMENTS TO PACE AND NORCOTT FAMILIES IN CHURCHYARD, 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST EDWARD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TWO MONUMENTS TO PACE AND NORCOTT FAMILIES IN CHURCHYARD, 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST EDWARD

List entry Number: 1138263

Location

TWO MONUMENTS TO PACE AND NORCOTT FAMILIES IN CHURCHYARD, 1 1/2 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST EDWARD, BARROW COURT LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: North Somerset

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Barrow Gurney

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Jan-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 33871

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 56 NW BARROW GURNEY C.P. BARROW COURT LANE (west side)

3/3 Two Monuments to Pace and Norcott families in churchyard, 1.5 metres north of nave, Church of SS Mary and Edward

G.V. II

2 chest tombs. Limestone. C17 Pace family monument (earliest date 1644) with cyma recta slab and angle pilasters with incised roundel decoration. 2 blank panels to north side, 1 reset inscription tablet to south side with Latin script. Norcott family monument is C18 (earliest date 1742) with cyma recta slab and vine spray angle pilasters. Raised and fielded panels to each side with inscriptions in florid script.

Listing NGR: ST5147768459

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 51477 68459

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138263 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 12:45:55.

End of official listing