DONE RECREATION ROOM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138448

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1953

Statutory Address: DONE RECREATION ROOM, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of DONE RECREATION ROOM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138448 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:49:34.

Location

Statutory Address: DONE RECREATION ROOM, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tarporley

National Grid Reference: SJ 55318 62506

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 56 SE TARPORLEY C.P. (Off) HIGH STREET

1/71 Done Recreation Room

10.3.53

GV II

Parish room. Dated on datestone 1636. Red English bond brick with ashlar plinth and quoins and slate roof. Two storeys. Churchyard front: Diapering formed of blue headers arranged in diamond patterns. Two ground floor windows with moulded stone surrounds containing early C19 iron-framed fenestration each of three lights. Two similar windows to first floor. To the left of these at mezzanine level is a square armorial tablet with strapwork panels to the sides supporting an entablature and pediment within which is the date. To right of this, also at mezzanine level and set between the windows is a further tablet with a moulded border inscribed: "This School, erected in 1636/ by Dame Dorothy Done and/endowed by Mrs John Done in 1662/was thoroughly repaired by the/Trustees under the Will of/John Arden Esq decreased in the/Year 1830". To the right is a later lean-to of stone walling. To the left is another later stone addition of one storey with arrow-head rustication and a central doorway with ashlar surround and quirked bead to inner angle. Square stone tablet above with coat of arms and pilaster pieces to sides. Ridge chimney to centre. The left hand gable end has a first floor window of four early C19 lights and a moulded stone surround. Close-studding to the gable above.



Listing NGR: SJ5531962502

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 57260

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing