FLAXYARDS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138472

Date first listed: 03-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: FLAXYARDS FARMHOUSE, RHUDDAL HEATH

Map

Ordnance survey map of FLAXYARDS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138472 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 01:23:40.

Location

Statutory Address: FLAXYARDS FARMHOUSE, RHUDDAL HEATH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Rushton

National Grid Reference: SJ 56592 62494

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 56 SE RUSHTON CP ROYAL LANE

1/32 Flaxyards Farmhouse (formerly listed as Flaxyards) 3.1.67

- II

The address shall be amended to read: RHUDDAL HEATH

Flaxyards Farmhouse (formerly listed as Flaxyards)

------------------------------------

SJ 56 SE RUSHTON C.P. ROYAL LANE

1/32 Flaxyards Farmhouse (formerly listed as Flaxyards) 3.1.67

- II

Farmhouse. Dated 1665 on gable bressumer of one wing with later Cl7 or early C18 and mid C18 additions and alterations. Red Flemish bond brick and coursed red sandstone with slate roof. Two storeys with attic. Entrance front: four bays. Lateral gabled bays with near-symmetrical central portion. The central 2 bays and that at the right are of brick. The left hand gabled wing is of stone. This stone wing of late C17 or early C18 date has two ground floor and one first floor and one attic window all of C19 date and all of 2 casement lights. The central mid C17 portion has a door to the right of centre of 4 sunken panels with a C19 gabled porch above. To either side are 3-light C20 windows with flat-arched heads, the voussoirs being formed of 2 rows of vertically placed stretchers. To the first floor are two 3-light C20 windows, originally of less width as indicated by the cambered splayed heads. Above is a band of three bricks depth with projecting headers. The right hand gable wing of 1665 but apparently replaced on this facade in the C18 or C19 has a 3-light ground floor C20 window and a similar to the first floor. To the far left is a C20 wall flush with the front and having a ramped cresting. Rear: projecting gabled wings at right and left, that at left of stone, the rest of brick with a stone plinth. The right hand gable end has two cross attic windows and a brick gable stack. The central portion has a central door and 3-light casements to either side with flat-arched heads and cambered 3-light first floor windows. There is a band at eaves level as at the entrance front. The left hand gable ended wing has a flat-arched doorway at the right and one cambered-headed first floor window. There is a timber framed gable above with a dated collar beam and small framing and V-strutting.



Listing NGR: SJ5659262494

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 57226

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing