DELVES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138560

Date first listed: 12-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 15-May-1986

Statutory Address: DELVES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL, BRIDGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of DELVES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138560 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 17:32:45.

Location

Statutory Address: DELVES CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL, BRIDGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wybunbury

National Grid Reference: SJ 69993 49369

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WYBUNBURY C.P. BRIDGE STREET SJ 74 NW 11/109 Delves Church of England School (Formerly listed as Former Delves Charity School) 12.1.67 G.V. II

School. Dated 1822 as inscribed pediment. Red Flemish bond brick with painted ashlar dressing and plain tile roof. Single storey. Central 5 early C19 bays with lateral later C19 wings to either side. The central 5 bays are symmetrical. Central bay has a doorway originally containing double doors now with a single door set in a panelled surround. Above is a fanlight. To either side are pilasters and above is a painted stone pediment supported on moulded brackets and inscribed THE DELVES CHARITY SCHOOL/ERECTED 1822. To either side are two round-headed windows. The bays are divided by pilaster strips which support a plain entablature decorated with projecting rectangular lugs reminiscent of triglyphs but without being chanelled. To either side are the later wings each consisting of 2 uneven bays also divided by pilaster strips and supporting a similar entablature.

Listing NGR: SJ6999349369

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 57019

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing