GLEBE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138940

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: GLEBE HOUSE, MACCLESFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLEBE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138940 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 07:06:54.

Location

Statutory Address: GLEBE HOUSE, MACCLESFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Kettleshulme

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SJ 98952 80018

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 98 SE KETTLESHULME C.P. MACCLESFIELD ROAD (North Side)

1/83 Glebe House

II

House: dated 1912 by Ernest Newton. Coursed, squared, buff, sandstone rubble with sandstone dressings. Kerridge stone-slate roof and 2 stone chimneys. Neo-Georgian style with local vernacular elements. 2-storey, symmetrical 3-bay front. End bays have 3-light chamfered stone mullions, the windows with glazing bars. Projecting moulded band at 1st floor. Segmental door hood over semi-circular fanlight with radial glazing bars and a studded board door flanked by half-glazed panels. Similar 3-light window above. Diamond shaped panels between end bay windows read SLW 1866 to left and REB 1912 to right.

Built as the vicarage to a church which was never built.

Listing NGR: SJ9895280018

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 57996

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing