This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER CHRISTIAN SCIENCE READING ROOM

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER CHRISTIAN SCIENCE READING ROOM

List entry Number: 1139075

Location

FORMER CHRISTIAN SCIENCE READING ROOM, 2A, PRINCE ARTHUR ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Aug-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1999

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 477805

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2685NE PRINCE ARTHUR ROAD 798-1/27/1344 (West side) 11/08/50 No.2A Former Christian Science Reading Room (Formerly Listed as: HAMPSTEAD HIGH STREET No.85 Stanfield House)

GV II

Former Christian Science Reading Room. 1890-1. By Horace Field. Red brick with long and short brick quoins. Tiled hipped roof having a rectangular ogee domed lantern and bracketed eaves cornice with egg-and-dart moulding. Single storey. 3 windows. Double door entrance, on right hand return, in lugged surround with keystone, cornice and overlight. Road facade with gauged brick segmental arch sashes having keystones and lugged brick aprons. Left hand return has projecting canted bay with square-headed sashes and the continuing cornice. INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: TQ2654985607

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 26549 85607

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139075 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 12:31:54.

End of official listing