CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139224

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, WYNYARD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139224 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 15:12:59.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, WYNYARD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Stockton-on-Tees (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Grindon

National Grid Reference: NZ 40206 23509

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 42 SW GRINDON WYNYARD ROAD (North side) 6/501 Church of St James

16.11.67

II

1887. Small, aisleless, two-cell church of two and two bays with south porch. Coursed stone with tiled roof in early English style. Lancet windows under drip moulds. Bracketed eaves cornice. Impost moulding and one order of nook shafts to porch. At west end a small octagonal bell turret with spirelet. Londonderry hatchment on north nave wall.

Listing NGR: NZ4020623509

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 59272

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing