PREMISES OCCUPIED BY JR BRIDGEFORD, ESTATE AGENTS, WILLIAMS AND GLYN'S BANK AND THE LIBRARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139578

Date first listed: 06-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: PREMISES OCCUPIED BY JR BRIDGEFORD, ESTATE AGENTS, WILLIAMS AND GLYN'S BANK AND THE LIBRARY, THE VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PREMISES OCCUPIED BY JR BRIDGEFORD, ESTATE AGENTS, WILLIAMS AND GLYN'S BANK AND THE LIBRARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139578 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 22:00:54.

Location

Statutory Address: PREMISES OCCUPIED BY JR BRIDGEFORD, ESTATE AGENTS, WILLIAMS AND GLYN'S BANK AND THE LIBRARY, THE VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Prestbury

National Grid Reference: SJ 89948 76853

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 87 NE PRESTBURY C.P. THE VILLAGE (South Side)

5/209 Premises occupied by J.R.Bridgeford, Estate Agents, Williams and Glyn's Bank and the Library.

GV II

Formerly school and schoolmaster's house, now office, bank and library. School dared 1721, master's house dated 1751, some C20 alterations. Washed brick, Kerridge stone-slate roof, stone ridge and 2 brick chimneys. T-shaped plan, 2-storey, 5-bay front. Left 3 bays on slight plinth and have a brick band at 1st floor. 4, 3-light tall chamfered stone mullions andstudded C20 board door. 4th bay projects on wooden piers and has large window with glazing bars. Right end bay has 2 C20 windows and plaque reading "The Gift of Charles Legh of Adlington Esq. to ye Master (for ye time being) of ye .....oming Free School at Prestbury A.D,1751." Left gable has plaque reading: "This School was Erected in ye year of our Lord 1721 and Endowed by Ann Whittakers Late of Prestbury who left £100 ye interest thereof for the Promotion of a Schoolmaster to teach ten of the poorest Children in the Township of Prestbury from the Primer to ye Bible at ye Discretion of the Executors and ye Overseers of the Poor of ye said Township."

Listing NGR: SJ8994876853

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58375

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing