CHURCH OF ST ELIZABETH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139584

Date first listed: 20-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ELIZABETH, ASHLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ELIZABETH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139584 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 00:17:57.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ELIZABETH, ASHLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ashley

National Grid Reference: SJ 77238 84362

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 78 SE ASHLEY C.P. ASHLEY ROAD

4/9 Church of St Elizabeth II

Church. 1880. By the Honourable Wilbraham Egerton MP. Red English garden wall bond brick and terracotta, red tile roof. Broad, aisleless plan. Nave, chancel, transepts, N.E. vestry and south-west porch. Nave elevation: 3 bays have windows of free perpendicular form; corbel table with chevron moulding between; gabled buttresses with setbacks. Transept windows Decorated. Chancel windows are arcuated triangles containing 3 trefoils. East end gabled with window of Decorated form. West front: angle buttresses and deep nave buttresses, stepped and gable capped. Range of 3 lancet windows with colonnettes between and trefoil heads of moulded brick, trefoil rose-window of rubbed brick with semi-circular lead moulding. Bellcote of 2 lancets one containing a bell with quatrefoil and gargoyles above. South-west porch has gabled roof. Hollow chamfered entrance arch of rubbed brick with chevron moulding to gable. Scissor beam roof truss, original iron gates and lanterns. Interior: has arched beams on stone corbels, diagonal panelling to roof. Hammer beams in chancel. The Honorable Wilbraham Egerton became 2nd Baron Egerton of Tatton in 1883 and was created Viscount Salford and Earl Egerton of Tatton in 1887; he designed the smoking room and family entrance at Tatton Park and there are architectural drawings for further schemes by him amongst the estate papers.

Listing NGR: SJ7723884362

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58384

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing