TRAINING CENTRE AND STORES AT ALDERLEY PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139596

Date first listed: 06-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: TRAINING CENTRE AND STORES AT ALDERLEY PARK, CONGLETON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRAINING CENTRE AND STORES AT ALDERLEY PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139596 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 04:22:24.

Location

Statutory Address: TRAINING CENTRE AND STORES AT ALDERLEY PARK, CONGLETON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Nether Alderley

National Grid Reference: SJ 84493 74971

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 87 SW NETHER ALDERLEY C.P. CONGLETON ROAD (East Side)

7/137 Training Centre and Stores at Alderley Park (formerly listed as Stabling and Outbuildings, Alderley Park)

14/4/1967

GV II

Formerly stables and outbuildings, now training centre and stores: dated 1815 and 1838 for Sir J T Stanley. English garden wall bond orange brick with buff sandstone dressings. Hipped Welsh slate roof, stone ridge and 1 brick chimney. L-shaped plan forming 2 sides of a courtyard. East front of west range of 2 storeys and 12 bays. Stone plinth, and stone band at 1st floor. Near central driftway has segmental brick arch with stone-coped triangular pediment above containing plaque reading JTS MJS 1815. Lower windows of 30 panes under cambered brick heads and upper windows 20-pane sashes. 2 glazed doors. North range similar but driftway blocked and plaque reads JTS MJS 1838. Attached to rear of east range by high stone wall and in 2nd courtyard is a 5-bay former corn barn. Stone plinth and stone quoins with a Kerridge stone-slate roof. Opposed central cart entrances have heavy wooden lintels and lean-to porches in front. Bays to side have tall semi-circular headed recesses containing circular pitch holes with stone sills above diamond pattern ventilation holes.

Listing NGR: SJ8449374971

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58304

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing