TENANTS' HALL AT ALDERLEY PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139597

Date first listed: 06-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: TENANTS' HALL AT ALDERLEY PARK, CONGLETON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TENANTS' HALL AT ALDERLEY PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139597 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 21:28:32.

Location

Statutory Address: TENANTS' HALL AT ALDERLEY PARK, CONGLETON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Nether Alderley

National Grid Reference: SJ 84555 74976

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 87 SW NETHER ALDERLEY C.P. CONGLETON ROAD (East Side)

7/139 Tenants' Hall at Alderley Park

GV II

Meeting Hall: dated 1904 by Paul Phipps for the 4th Lord Stanley. English garden wall bond orange brick, buff sandstone dressings, and a green slate roof. 1-storey, 7-bay north front. Bays divided by buttresses. Stone frieze, moulded cornice and a stone coped blocking course. Left 2 bays are blank, remainder have stone mullioned and transomed windows with applied lead glazing except for the 5th bay which steps forward and has a pair of similar windows divided by a king mullion. Door in east front under stone coped gable has a chamfered doorcase with a 3-light mullion as a fanlight above a pair of oak doors approached by 4 stone steps. Plaque above reads "S of A M.K.S. 1904". Interior: Porch under east gallery. Entrance through Doric portico leads into hall open to the roof with exposed arch-braced tiebeams. Heavily carved oak fireplace supported by a Herm and a Caryatid has gadrooning in cross piece. Oak balustrade to gallery and 6-panelled oak doors throughout. Windows contain stained glass coats of arms.

Listing NGR: SJ8455574976

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58306

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing