CROSS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139600

Date first listed: 14-Apr-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 06-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: CROSS FARMHOUSE, WELSH ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of CROSS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 12:44:02.

Location

Statutory Address: CROSS FARMHOUSE, WELSH ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Nether Alderley

National Grid Reference: SJ8432976930

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 87 NW NETHER ALDERLEY C.P. WELSH ROW (South Side)

4/150 Cross Farmhouse [formerly 14/4/1967 listed as Cross Farm Cottage (formerly Farmhouse at Alderley Cross)]

GV II

Formerly farmhouse, now 2 farm cottages: partly C17, rewalled early C19, with addition to right dated 1735. English garden wall bond red brick, Kerridge stone-slate roof, stone ridge and 3 brick chimneys. 2-storey, 4-bay front. Left 2 bays formerly timber framed but outer walls rebuilt in brick. Left end bay has 3-light wooden casements under cambered brick heads and other bay has 5-light ovolo-moulded, wood mullioned windows with lattice leaded glazing, the top one in a timber framed gabled half dormer with coving above the window. Right 2 bays are a taller and deeper addition. Right end bay has 3-light square-sectioned stone-mullions under flat brick heads with rectangular leaded glazing. To left 4-board door with iron strap hinges, in a heavy wooden frame on padstones, under a flat brick head. Similar 2-light window above. Date stone reads TMN 1735. Interior: of right-hand part. Dogleg staircase of simple handrail, square newels with curved shaped tops and inserted flat balusters. 4-board door with iron strap hinges throughout, most with wooden latches and handles. Chamfered ceiling beams with flat stops. Brick barrel-vaulted cellar under house has stone slab benches, and a half cellar to the rear of the house has similar benches.

Listing NGR: SJ8432976930

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58315

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing