DALEHOUSE BRIDGE.

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139696

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: DALEHOUSE BRIDGE., DALEHOUSE BANK

Map

Ordnance survey map of DALEHOUSE BRIDGE.
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139696 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 08:52:11.

Location

Statutory Address: DALEHOUSE BRIDGE., DALEHOUSE BANK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Redcar and Cleveland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Loftus

County: North Yorkshire

District: Scarborough (District Authority)

Parish: Hinderwell

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: NZ 77679 18046

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LOFTUS DALEHOUSE BANK, NZ 71 NE (off west side), Dalehouse. 2/8 Dalehouse Bridge. - II Bridge over Staithes Beck, dated 1745. Dressed sandstone. Segmental arch with voussoirs and keystone under hoodmould. String course below parapet with pilaster strip above keystone, and chamfered copings. Splayed abutments. Parapet walls continue alongside road on east side of bridge, for c.20m. Inner chamfers of copings on parapets inscribed: "HEAR BEGINS THE PARRISH HINDERWELL" on north side; and "HEAR BEGINS THE PARRISH OF EASINGTON" on south side. Keystone on south side of bridge inscribed: "R.W. 1745". North face of east end of bridge abutment shows semicircular arch with rockfaced voussoirs, over former mill race.

Listing NGR: NZ7767918046

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60158

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing